Monday, January 31, 2011

#85: People Who Climb Mountains

Why...What is the point. Once you get to the top you're just gonna have to go back down. And its not like snowboarding where the going down part is fun. Going down is just as hard and not fun as walking up the fucker. I always laugh at the people who climb Mt. Hood from Timberline because its the biggest god damn waste of time in history. Hey have fun walking the extra mile and a half to the top of palmer from the lodge in your north face snow gear and crampons...I'll be waiting at the top in a sweatshirt and snowboard boots (PS I just sat in a chair for the last 10 minutes, it got me to the same place it took you 2 hours to walk to). Only once I get to the top I'm not going to fucking walk up to the peak (which I can see from palmer) I'm going to go down the mountain. Its not like climbing Mt. Hood is a big fucking deal anyways. Everest is gnarly, sure, but I've seen people old enough to be my grandpa walking to the top of Hood before. What are you even going to do once you get to the top? I see one of two scenarios, which are: 1) It's sunny. "Cool we're at the top and its 1 pm...I could have been shredding today in the sun with my friends but instead I'm at the top of a mountain hundreds, if not thousands, of people have climbed before. I don't even get to ride down from here either, boy I look forward to snowshoeing down (NOT)." 2) It's not sunny. "Cool I just climbed to the top of a fucking mountain in shit weather and I can't even see more than 20 feet in any direction. Snot is frozen to my face and the pictures we are taking make it look like we are fucking dementors or something because the clouds are thicker than Shawn Johnson's thighs. Oh but Josh "some people" just enjoy climbing mountains, who are you to say that they are stupid idiots with no real value in life? Well "some people" have sex with animals too. I think I've made my point clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment